Apartment & Housing Registration
Apartment, Housing Unit or Office Purchase or Sale Registration Transaction
- Required documents
- Original title deed with a title deed copy of the first apartment or office registered..
- Final approval from the municipality to sell the apartment.
- Copy of apartment survey certificate (housing unit or office).
- Copy of valid passport or ID card.
- When there is a power of attorney for seller or buyer, a maximum of two authorized contract is required (According to the Minister of Justice and Islamic Affairs law No. 15/2000). If the power of attorney was issued out of the Kingdom of Bahrain it should be stamped and approved from the Ministry of Foreign affairs and concerned embassy.
- If the property is a company, a copy of its establishment agreement and C.R. Is required and the company should be active.
- Transaction fees
- 1.7% of property value will be collected as registration fees if submitted within 60 days from the date of the sale contract issued from the notary department.
- 2% of property value will be collected as registration fees if submitted after 60 days from the date of the sale contract issued from the notary department. :
- Land registration form costs one dinar for every transaction.
- Registration prohibitions
- A request from the Ministry of justice and Islamic Affairs courts to block any transaction for the property
- Submitting the notarized contract one year after its notarization date.
- Request from the minister of Municipality and agriculture affairs to possess the property before registration.
Note: During the receipt of the request if there is a need for more documents than that is mentioned, you will need to bring them.